Current Available Roles
RAD Propulsion is seeking a mechanical engineer to join its dynamic team to help develop cutting-edge, smart, marine electric propulsion products. From concept to detail design and from prototyping, through production to testing, the engineer will be involved in every aspect of the product development, working closely with the chief technical officer, product designers and electrical engineers in a high-pace design led environment.
RAD Propulsion promotes a healthy work/life balance and while it is expected that you will enjoy your time at work, the RAD culture is one of “family-first”.
This is an opportunity to be part of the electric revolution and to contribute to meeting the ever-growing need for sustainability in marine transportation.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of engineering principles including loads, material properties, manufacturing methods, fluid dynamics and thermodynamics.
They will have hands-on experience of building and operating mechanical systems, preferably within the marine sector, understanding how they perform in harsh environments and have an appreciation for the aesthetics and ergonomics required for consumer products.
Whilst not required for the role, some on-water experience on small boats would be considered advantageous as the role will involve taking part in sea-trials.
- Design of mechanical components and systems from conception to volume manufacture
- Delivery of production drawings, detailed appropriately for manufacture
- Production and testing of prototypes, analysing data and feeding back into the designs
- Working with suppliers to identify cost-effective materials and manufacturing processes
- Managing subcontractors with respect to progress and quality of output
- Writing professional engineering documents for customers and for product certification
Skills & Experience
- Highly proficient in 3D and 2D CAD modelling (Autodesk Fusion 360 preferred)
- Experience of simulation tools such as finite element analysis and computational fluid dynamics
- Knowledge and experience of modern manufacturing techniques and materials
- Ability to demonstrate ideas and concepts through sketching and modelling
- Experience of rapid prototyping including CNC machining and 3D printing
- Experience of designing components for injection moulding and casting
- £28k – £36k
- Pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Casual dress code
or email: email@example.com
RAD Propulsion Ltd is looking for a part time Office Administrator to provide general administrative support to the day to day running of the business.
This role is key to ensuring the smooth running of the company’s administrative functions and you will be a key member of the team helping to drive growth within the business.
The ideal candidate will be good at prioritising tasks and working with minimal supervision.
- General office administration such a filing, checking mail, payment of bills and arranging travel/accommodation etc
- Reconciling invoices/receipts against transactions in our accounting system (Xero), including chasing down and requesting invoices from suppliers
- Entering bills when received into Xero for tracking and payment
- Monitoring/ensuring ongoing payment of regular monthly/yearly payments e.g. rent, insurance etc
- Tracking of VAT, reconciliation of VAT receipts and submission of company VAT returns – all through the Xero package.
- Help in providing finance information/reports to staff that need it each month
- Purchase of sundries and consumables – as and when needed
- Helping to keep office/workshop clean and tidy
- Recording, collation and payment of mileage expenses/travel claims
- Tracking and recording annual leave
- Assisting with running payroll each month
- Experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work as part of a small, highly motivated and dynamic team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Office 365
- Experience in using the Xero cloud-based accounting software platform
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles
Location and working arrangements
The RAD office is based near Fareham, Hampshire and whilst some of your time will need to be spent in the office elements of this role can be undertaken remotely. The role is initially 8 hours a week on a part time basis and with potential for flexible working hours.
Salary is dependent on experience.
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org