RAD Propulsion Ltd is looking for a full time Application/Embedded Software Engineer to help support and drive forward the design, development, testing and commercialisation of its innovative new range of smart, connected marine electric propulsion products.
The successful candidate will be part of a small, agile and dynamic engineering team and will be instrumental in not only supporting the development of our products but also in driving sustainable growth in the business.
You will be responsible for designing, coding, integrating, testing and debugging both application and embedded software for the products we produce and will need to work closely with the hardware developers to ensure we continue to provide high quality integrated products.
You are likely to have recently left University or College with 1-2 years subsequent experience and should have a track record in delivering complex software/embedded products, preferably in a commercial product development environment.
- Designing, coding, integrating, testing and debugging software programs for the embedded products we produce and the supporting applications we use
- Supporting the development of the architecture, implementation and design of the software
- Working with other engineers and the management team to gather and define product requirements and specifications
- Testing, refining and continually improving the products we develop through on water testing, customer feedback and simply a desire to produce a better product
- Degree in Computer Science or other relevant degree
- Solid programming experience in procedural or object-oriented languages, e.g. C, C#, C++, assembler
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded systems (in particular using RTOS’s on the Arm Cortex-M0/M4 family of microcontrollers)
- Experience with tools used to debug embedded software including: ICE, JTAG, logic analysers and protocol analysers
- Knowledge of some or all of the following protocols and interfaces: CAN, NMEA, RS 485, PWM, UART, SPI, I2C, I2S or USB
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Must be able to work as part of a small highly motivated team and should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of power electronics, battery technologies, electrical drive systems, brushless DC motors and their controllers, possibly gained from working in the Electric Vehicle sector
- Knowledge and experience of GSM technologies and in particular Thingstream enabled products
- Experience of IoT cloud services such as AWS, Azure and Watson IoT
- Familiarity and experience with Agile software development methodologies
Whilst not required for the role, some on water experience of small boats or the paddle sports arena would be considered advantageous.
Salary will be dependent upon experience.
To apply please send your CV, with a covering note to email@example.com
Important Notice for Recruitment Agencies:
RAD Propulsion Ltd does not accept speculative or unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies. In the event that any such CVs are received by RAD Propulsion Ltd (or any of its representative's) then any Terms and Conditions associated with such CV's and/or related correspondence will be considered null and void and RAD Propulsion Ltd will incur no obligation or liability whatsoever with regard to fees, terms and conditions and it will in no way establish any prior claim by your company to representation of that candidate.